The Yosemite Democrats help our party across the nation by fighting for progress and helping elect Democrats across the country to state government, Congress, and the White House. There are several core beliefs that tie our party together: Democrats believe that we’re greater together than we are on our own—that this country succeeds when everyone gets a fair shot, everyone does their fair share, and everyone plays by the same rules. Our party is focused on building an economy that lifts up all Americans, not just those at the top. That’s why Democrats are working to make progress on issues like job creation, equal pay, education, health care, and clean energy.
The Yosemite Democrats Primary Club Goals:
- Promoting awareness of Democratic Party initiatives;
- Partnering with other local clubs in outreach, fund-raising, and social events;
- Supporting local and national candidates;
- Increasing our membership;
- Addressing the challenge of climate change and seizing our clean-energy future;
- Defending civil rights and expanding opportunity for all Americans;
- Developing a dialogue with people who hold different viewpoints.
I just took the next step to move forward on the nomination of Eunice Lee to the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
I was so proud to recommend her to President Biden for the Second Circuit.
She would be the ONLY federal public defender among the Second Circuit’s active judges.
BREAKING: @SenSchumer just moved forward on 2nd Circuit nominee Eunice Lee.
Lee would be the only judge on the 2nd Circuit with experience as a public defender and would be just the second Black woman ever to serve on this court.
We strongly support her confirmation.
I applaud @POTUS and @CDCgov for extending the eviction moratorium. As the delta variant continues to increase infection rates throughout the country, it is crucial that we protect families from losing their homes.